I love Pinterest. Love love love it! Thanks to pinterest I found these gems. They’re easy to put together and even easier to eat. If you’re looking for a great snack option these are great… they’re surprisingly filling but not heavy and they are great for school snacks or to grab on the way out the door.
Pumpkin Chia Seed Muffins – from CitronLimette
makes 18 muffins (at least it did when I made them) and 4p+ for weight watchers
- 2¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour** see below
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbs. Chia seed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup low-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (flour through chia seeds) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
3. Combine pumpkin and next 5 ingredients (pumpkin through eggs); add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon the batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack.
*notes I didn’t have ww pastry flour so I used all-purpose flour instead. Also, I don’t trust my oven so I set it to 350F and only cooked for 18 minutes and the muffins were perfect.